Sometimes people tell me that they are concerned if they are praying in the right way and therefore if their prayers are not going to be heard or answered.
Usually, these people are people who are religious, have a background of religion, or are still confused between religion and spirituality in the same way that I was at the beginning of my path from Judaism to spirituality.
For the most part, the various religious establishments tend to have too many rules regarding how to pray, (standing, sitting, laying down) where to pray (church, synagogue, mosque), when to pray, or even to whom.
In spirituality, a prayer is an energy that a person “feeds” with their intentions, sent out to the universe, to the “ears” of spirit guides, angels, departed loved ones, and any other light beings that know they can help answer our prayers.
In spirituality there are also no specific rules regarding the manner in which you pray, the time, or the places you need to be when you pray, however, sometimes joining others who gather together to pray can be quite a delightful experience.
Although in spirituality there are no specific rules when it comes to praying, there are certain things that one should keep in mind when praying.
1. Because prayer is an energy that you fuel with your intentions, try to be as specific as possible as to what you want or need. If you have more then one prayer, go one by one and ask for specifics.
2. Sometimes spirits refer to praying as a form of meditation, and as such, when you pray, try your best to keep your busy mind quiet so you can better focus on your prayers and nothing else.
3. At the end of your prayers, always make sure you thank whoever is listening, which is of course, everyone. By holding gratitude, you not only hold respect for the process, you also “seal the deal” as if you already know that your prayers will be granted!
4. You must keep in mind, that although spirits will always answer our prayers, they are bound by a few universal laws such as free will, (i.e. if a certain prayer requires our action), divine timing, or our soul growth. Understanding these universal laws will help you to remain patient and have faith that your prayers will be answered at the right divine timing and for your highest good!
5. Always include God in your prayers, as without Him nothing is possible!
I love you all,